About the Program
A career in security or law enforcement could be yours with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Security Services and Management from TCI College. The credits you earn may be applied towards civil service employment such as the NYPD or prepare you for the New York State mandated certification to become a licensed security guard.
During the two-year program, you’ll learn in small classes taught by seasoned security and law enforcement professionals with extensive field experience and:
- Focus initially on the legal concepts and practices related to criminal law and criminal investigation.
- Understand the development and implementation of security systems for public and private areas and facilities.
- Gain hands-on experience in the field. Learn how to prepare security reports, apply criminal investigation procedures, interview witnesses and suspects and resolve disputes.
- Leverage an industry-relevant curriculum with courses that include criminal justice, cyber security, homeland security, dispute resolution and criminology.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling that enables you to fulfill your classroom requirements while balancing life’s demands.
- Access financial aid: 94% of our students receive some type of financial assistance.
To find out more about the curriculum and course sequence, download the program’s academic overview.
Advance your Career—or Your Education
TCI College graduates who earn their associate degree in security services and management go on to a variety of careers including criminologist, security manager, postal inspector, corrections officer and customs patrol officer. Others go on to continue their education at leading four-year colleges that share TCI’s New York State Board of Regents State or Middle States Commission on Higher Education Regional Accreditations.
For more information about the median debt of students who have completed the program, job placement rates and other important information, please click here.