About the Program
Our next Open House is Thursday, May 4, 1-7pm. RSVP Now!
The American Bar Association (ABA) approved Paralegal Studies Program at TCI College can prepare you for an exciting career in the field of law. With guidance from experienced attorneys and ample hands-on opportunities, the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree can help you stand out as a paralegal, a field that’s predicted to grow as the demand for cost-effective legal services increases.
This two-year program can help you achieve your professional and educational goals with a comprehensive curriculum and:
- Flexible day and evening scheduling that enables you to fulfill your classroom requirements in as little as three days a week.
- Dedicated, leading-edge resources including LexisNexis computer-assisted legal research access/training and a dedicated paralegal studies law library on campus.
- Hands-on practical assignments. You will learn how to read, analyze and brief a court case, write memoranda of law, draft pleadings essential to litigation and assist in case management.
- Individual attention with small classes taught by practicing attorneys.
- Networking opportunities through TCI College’s paralegal club, moot court competitions, class trips and student law review.
- Access to financial aid that can help make earning your paralegal studies degree more affordable than you may think.
To find out more about the curriculum and course sequence, download the program’s academic overview.
Advance your Career—or Your Education
TCI College graduates who earn their associate degree in paralegal studies not only go on to become paralegals, they also become legal assistants and secretaries or use the understanding of law they gain to enhance their careers in such fields as real estate, banking and human resources. Others go on to continue their education at leading four-year colleges that share TCI’s New York State Board of Regents State or Middle States Commission on Higher Education Regional Accreditations.
No High School Diploma? We Have An Option For You. Complete your high school education while you get your degree in our Career Pathways Program.
For more information about the median debt of students who have completed the program, job placement rates and other important information, please click here.
* Students may only take selected courses in a hybrid format. Students complete a minimum of 24 of their 33 legal specialty credits in a traditional, face-to-face format.