About the Program
The Associate of Applied Sciences (AAS) program in Networking Technology at TCI College is designed to prepare you for an exciting career in networking technology, one of the fastest-growing areas of employment, according to the U.S. Labor Department.
Taught by experienced professionals in state-of-the-art classrooms, this two-year program enables you to:
- Learn to provide technical support for PC users in a variety of settings. You will also learn about designing, installing and supporting information systems in an enterprise-computing environment.
- Gain practical hands-on experience with the most widely used network technologies. Topics include Ethernet networks, TCP/IP, network topologies, data transport modes (e.g., Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI), Internet/Intranets), WAN/LAN, software architectures, physical design, security and encryption, and hubs, routers, bridges and switches.
- Prepare for various certifying exams including Certified Electronics Technician (CET), A+ Certified Technician, NT Certified Technician, and Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist (MCTS).
- Benefit from flexible scheduling that enables you to fulfill your classroom requirements while balancing life’s demands. Courses also are offered in summer so you may be able complete your degree in under two years.
- Access financial aid: 94% of our students receive some type of financial assistance.
To find out more about the curriculum and course sequence, download the program’s academic overview.
Advance Your Career—or Your Education
TCI graduates who earn their associate degree in networking technology go on to careers as computer operators, computer support specialists, computer systems analysts, network and computer systems administrators, network systems and data communications analysts and computer networks specialists. Others go on to continue their education at four-year colleges that share TCI’s New York State Board of Regents regulation State or Middle States Commission on Higher Education Regional Accreditation.
No High School Diploma? We Have An Option For You. Complete your high school education while you get your degree in our Career Pathways Program.
For more information about the median debt of students who have completed the program, job placement rates and other important information, please click here.