About the Program
Our next Open House is Tuesday, March 28, 1-6pm. RSVP Now!
The HVAC & Refrigeration Technology program at TCI College can help you gain the knowledge and hands-on experience you need to professionally install, operate and repair commercial, industrial and residential climate control equipment for low-rise, high-rise and computerized smart buildings.
Leading to an Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) degree, this two-year program offers skill-based instruction provided by experienced professionals in the field. With it, you can:
- Learn the theory and technical skills necessary for employment as a professional HVAC/R technician.
- Gain hands-on training with a variety of equipment—both new and old—including small room air conditioners, central air conditioning units, commercial freezers, refrigerators, heating technologies, and other related equipment.
- Acquire the necessary troubleshooting skills through familiarization with the tools and test equipment used in the field.
- Prepare to obtain HVAC certificates through Industry Certification Exams (ICE) for Light Commercial or Residential, the North American Technician Excellence exam (NATE) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Section 608, and the Refrigerant Reclaiming Technician Certification program.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling that enables you to fulfill your classroom requirements in as little as three days a week. Courses also are offered in summer so you may be able complete your degree in under two years.
- Access financial aid that can help make earning your associate degree more affordable than you may think.
Advance Your Career—or Your Education
Graduates of TCI’s HVAC & Refrigeration Technology program go on to careers as control technicians, climate control engineers for specialized facilities, service personnel for utility companies, private contractors, HVAC product manufacturers, government agency analysts, merchandising and sales representatives, service tech installers, plant operators, superintendent/facility manager and HVAC/R mechanics. Others go on to continue their education at four-year colleges that share TCI’s New York State Board of Regents State regulation or Middle States Commission on Higher Education Regional accreditation.
No High School Diploma? We Have An Option For You. Complete your high school education while you get your degree in our Career Pathways Program.
For more information about the median debt of students who have completed the program, job placement rates and other important information, please click here.