About the Program
The cutting-edge Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Health Information Technology at TCI College can provide you with skills that are in demand in today’s fast-paced healthcare field, one of the nation’s fastest-growing industries.
During this two-year program, you’ll learn in small classes taught by faculty with extensive real-world experience and:
- Receive a solid grounding in such areas as medical, computers, social and public health. Some of the topics covered are medical billing and coding, interpreting health statistics and managing medical office procedures.
- Gain a broad understanding of anatomy and physiology that enables graduates to be well-rounded contributing members of a medical office team.
- Develop excellent office, computer, billing and coding skills as well as the interpersonal skills needed to interact and work in diverse environments and practice in building professional relationships.
- Benefit from hands-on experience in the field through our internship opportunities.
- Have ongoing access to leading-edge technology and the latest materials and information on the emerging field.
- Enhance your knowledge through supplementary activities including workshops, lectures, review classes and certification preparation classes.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling that enables you to fulfill your classroom requirements while balancing life’s demands.
- Access financial aid: 94% of our students receive some type of financial assistance.
To find out more about the curriculum and course sequence, download the program’s academic overview.
Advance your Career—or Your Education
TCI College graduates who earn their associate degree in health information technology are well equipped for a variety of positions in this dynamic industry. Others go on to continue their education at leading four-year colleges that share TCI’s New York State Board of Regents State or Middle States Commission on Higher Education Regional Accreditations.
For more information about the median debt of students who have completed the program, job placement rates and other important information, please click here.