About the Program
Earn your Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in automotive technology at one of New York’s premier automotive schools: TCI College.
Our curriculum combines theory with hands-on experience at our state-of-the-art shop on campus, conveniently located across from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. You’ll learn how to maintain, repair, overhaul and modify motor vehicles and:
- Use state-of-the-industry equipment designed to support car parts analytics, mechanical repairs and other key functionality.
- Attend classes on a schedule that fits your schedule—with daytime and evening program options.
- Understand work orders, technical bulletins, and cost estimates and relate the information to the job at hand.
- Interpret warranty policy in terms of service reports, component failures and analysis records.
- Access financial aid that can help make earning your automotive technology degree more affordable than you may think.
Make success your destination
After graduating from TCI, you’ll be able to:
- Apply your acquired knowledge of the latest technologies to repairing cars.
- Operate high-tech automotive diagnostic equipment.
- Use various automotive hand tools.
- Operate light duty and heavy duty automotive equipment.
- Understand the full operation of an auto dealership.
No High School Diploma? We Have an Option for You. Complete your high school education while you get your degree in our Career Pathways Program.
It’s no wonder TCI graduates go on to a variety of exciting careers in the automotive field including automotive specialty technician, diagnostic technician, electronic engine controls specialist, computerized fuel systems specialist, emission control service and certification specialist, engine performance testing specialist, computerized electrical diagnostics service manager, parts manager, and automotive equipment specialist.
For more information about the median debt of students who have completed the program, job placement rates and other important information, please click here.