About the Program
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree program in Accounting Systems Technology at TCI College focuses on preparing you to meet the demand for accounting professionals, which the Bureau of Labor Statistics expects will continue increasing in the next decade.
Led by faculty who are seasoned accounting professionals, in this two-year program you can:
- Gain hands-on experience in accounting principles, procedures and software, including the use of accounting software such as QuickBooks Pro and Peachtree.
- Learn to interpret, synthesize and analyze financial information with courses that include principles of accounting, computerized accounting, federal income tax and cost accounting.
- Enhance your critical thinking and analytical skills and improve your verbal and writing skills to communicate effectively in an organizational setting.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling that enables you to fulfill your classroom requirements while balancing life’s demands.
- Access financial aid: 94% of our students receive some type of financial assistance.
To find out more about the curriculum and course sequence, download the program’s academic overview.
Advance your Career—or Your Education
TCI College graduates who earn their associate degree in accounting systems technology go on to find jobs as accounts clerks and supervisors, billing and purchasing clerks, bookkeepers, payroll secretaries and tax representatives. Others go on to continue their education at leading four-year colleges that share TCI’s New York State Board of Regents State or Middle States Commission on Higher Education Regional Accreditations.
For more information about the median debt of students who have completed the program, job placement rates and other important information, please click here.