The TCI Paralegal Studies Program is approved by the American Bar Association.
Interested in the legal professions? Career Changer? Thinking of starting the road to law school?
The Paralegal Studies Program at TCI may be right for you! The United States Department of Labor statistics predict that employment of paralegals will show sustained growth as the demand for cost-effective legal services increases.
Achieve your professional and educational goals through TCI’s Paralegal Studies Program.
Special Features of the TCI Paralegal Studies Program
- Same comprehensive curriculum offered Day or Evening
- LexisNexis computer-assisted legal research access/training
- Paralegal Club, Moot Court Competitions, Class Trips, and Student Law Review (click here to see a sample document)
- Hands-on practical assignments
- Seminar-sized classes allow for individual attention
- Dedicated Paralegal Studies law library on campus
- Instruction provided by practicing attorneys
What You'll Learn
TCI graduates will be prepared for a career as a Paralegal. You will learn how to read, analyze and brief a court case, write memoranda of law, draft pleadings essential to litigation and assist in case management. Paralegals work directly under the supervision and direction of an attorney and may not give legal advice or otherwise engage in the practice of law.
What Paralegals Do
- Interview clients or witnesses
- Assist in trial preparation and discovery
- Draft legal documents
- Perform legal research
An ABA approved Paralegal Studies Program can also be a stand out addition to a professional’s portfolio. Professionals who work in fields that coexist with law, such as real estate and banking, or in fields that demand an understanding of law, such as human resources, can benefit from this program of study.
If you have a passion for law, earning a degree in Paralegal Studies can open the door to unlimited career opportunities.