HVAC & Refrigeration Technology
Is TCI's HVAC and Refrigeration program right for YOU?
We develop professionals knowledgeable in the installation, operation and repair of climate control systems; new and old. Particular emphasis is placed on commercial, industrial and residential climate control equipment for low rise, high-rise and computerized “smart buildings”.
What You'll Learn
This program includes hands-on laboratories featuring a variety of equipment: small room air conditioners, central air conditioning units, commercial freezers, refrigerators, and heating technologies. The curriculum includes courses in safety, design and energy management that will prepare you for the ever-expanding industry.
- Principles of Refrigeration
- Electric Circuit Analysis
- Commercial Systems Analysis and Service
- Commercial and Residential
- Air Conditioning Laboratory I & II
- Safety Codes
- Energy Management
- New trends and regulations in building design
- Operation and maintenance of HVAC and Refrigeration equipment
After Completing the Program
Graduates are prepared to obtain HVAC certificates through Industry Certification Exams (ICE) for Light Commercial or Residential, the North American Technician Excellence exam (NATE) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Section 608, and the Refrigerant Reclaiming Technician Certification Program.
Degrees, HVAC Certificates & Accreditations
- Associates Degree – Associates of Occupational Studies
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Section 608 Certificate
- Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) Certificate
- Industry Competency Examination (ICE) Certificate *
- New York City Fire Department Certificates of Fitness
- Federal OSHA 10-hour General Industry Certificate *
- New York State Board of Regents State Accreditation
- Middle States Commission on HigherEducation Regional Accreditation
* Full HVAC program course offerings are available over the summer at TCI College of Technology to accelerate your time to degree completion to under two years.