Facilities Management Technology
Is TCI's Facilities Management program right for YOU?
The program offers a well-rounded approach to learning building management and applied technologies for facilities management and maintenance personnel.
The Facilities Management program offers both a Degree program and a Certificate program. The Degree program length is two years*, while the Certificate program is 12 months long. The program offers graduates some exciting and interesting career opportunities as stated in Software Advice's article "Today's Top 5 Careers in Facility Management".
What You'll Learn
The program integrates hands-on laboratories for HVAC/R, plumbing, electricity, major appliances and general physical plant maintenance and repair with essential lectures on building systems, building codes, project estimating, personnel management, tenant relations property management and life safety, security, and fire protection systems.
- Environmental and occupational safety
- Building Safety, Security and Fire Protection
- Building Physical Plant and Service Equipment
- Facility Management and Personnel Procedures
- Air Conditioning and Heating Systems
- Blueprint Reading and AutoCAD
- Project management and cost estimation
- Smart Building control Systems(CMMS)
Degrees, Certificates & Accreditations
- Associates Degree – Associates of Occupational Studies
- New York City Fire Department Certificates of Fitness
- Air Compressors
- Low Pressure Oil Burner
- Citywide Sprinkler and Standpipe and Sprinkler
- NYC Department of Environmental Protection Air Pollution Control Training Certificate
- Federal OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Certificate
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Section 608 Certificate
- New York State Board of Regents State Accreditation
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education Regional Accreditation
* Full course offerings are available over the summer to accelerate your time to degree completion to under two years.