English as a Second Language (ESL)
TCI’s unique Language Laboratory and computer-based approach to learning English will enable you to rapidly build the skills you need to be successful in your college studies and beyond.
TCI offers four different levels of ESL studies to meet the needs of students with a broad range of language skills. Intensive ESL is for students with limited English skills. Levels 1 - 3 provide instruction for students with increasing levels of English language proficiency. Students proceed to a full schedule of regular credit-bearing courses upon successful completion of Level 3.
What We Offer
Outstanding ESL instruction in an academic environment
- Classes are taught by a highly qualified faculty. Most of whom have a master’s degree.
- TCI is a fully accredited, degree granting institution.
- Most students take credit bearing college courses together with ESL classes. You can begin earning your college degree while your improve your English skills.
Facilities that only a college can provide
The Center at 320 West 31st Street is where most ESL classes are held. It's a small and friendly place where you will feel right at home.
- Classes in oral/aural communication use the College’s Sony Language Laboratory. The lab is also available for additional study and practice outside of classes.
- Computer laboratories with language tutorials are available to supplement and reinforce your classroom learning.
- Oral communication courses have a strong audio-visual component for improved learning.