Applications are available on the first day of classes every semester and can be picked up at the Department of Career Services: 320 West 31st St., Room 300.
To Apply Students Must Have:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (maintained throughout the student’s tenure at TCI).
- Completed one semester at TCI with a minimum of 12 credits, OR have at least 1 semester remaining at TCI.
- Pick up the application packet from the Department of Career Services: at 320W. 31st St., Room 300. You can also download the application here.
- Submit the completed application along with your resume, essay and instructor evaluation to the Department of Career Services.
- Note: The instructor evaluation must come from an instructor in your major and must be sealed in the envelope provided. Evaluations from instructors outside your major will not be accepted
- Finalists will be invited to an in-person interview with the Program Manager.
- Note: students will be selected for interviews based on the applicant pool and employers’ need.
- Decisions will be announced approximately 3 weeks after the application deadline.
*Students please note: Applicants who are selected for an interview are not guaranteed acceptance into the program*
- Complete Job 100 and 200 seminars by the end of the semester in which they are applying for the program. These seminars cover topics including:
- Resume and Cover Letter Writting
- Interviewing Skills
- Internship/Job Searching
- Update their resume and have it approved by one of the Program Manager.
- Conduct their own internship search in conjunction with the placement efforts made by the Program Manager.
- Arrange their class schedule in such a way to allow them maximum availability/flexibility to work with employers
- Schedule a minimum of 10-15 hours per week at their internship site.
- Most students (except Facilities Management Technology) have the option to receive academic credit for their internship by replacing an elective class within their major with the Cooperative Education/Internship Class (refer to college catalog).